Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Miracle in the Making

I'm just now getting around to updating the blog world, but Fisher is going to be a big brother!




 We are due March 19th and couldn't be any more excited/nervous/scared-ha! We had been trying for several months for baby #2 in anticipation that it would probably take a while. And, it did. Six months exactly, just like with Fisher. :)

God really worked on me during those six months. Patience, trust, letting go and letting God-you name it, He was telling it to me! It's so hard to relinquish the control that you never had in the first place and give all of your hopes and dreams to God, Who already knows them.

I was a few days late when I decided to take a pregnancy test, completely believing that it would be negative. My cycles aren't regular (sorry if this is TMI, but I want to remember!), and I wasn't having any symptoms, so I was expecting a big fat not pregnant. However, that is not what I saw when those 3 minutes were up. :) I was beyond floored and so excited! Fisher gave Daddy the pregnancy test the next day. He was a little shocked.

We went for our initial appointment and ultrasound. By the dates I was 8 weeks, although I knew I wasn't that far. Ultrasound confirmed I was six weeks. It also showed a subchorionic hemorrhage, which can lead to a higher rate of miscarriage. Not what I was expecting, but what I was afraid of. That, combined with the fact that I was experiencing absolutely no signs of pregnancy like I did with Fisher-nausea, fatigue, etc-terrified me. I was put on "pelvic rest" and ordered not to pick up anything heavier than Fisher.

Roughest two weeks ever. I prayed, I worried, I went through what ifs in my head. I finally started having some fatigue and nausea and was so excited-haha!! Followup ultrasound showed absolutely no signs of a hemorrhage! What a huge weight was lifted off of us! I finally felt like I could celebrate and be excited about having a baby! And now we could tell our families!

Fisher wore his "big bro" shirt to YaYa and Pops to tell them. They were over the moon excited! Hubs called his mom, since we couldn't tell her in person since she lives out of town. The greatgrandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins were equally excited. We also found out that my cousin and his wife, who live in East Tennessee, are expecting the week before us!

So, here we are now. 10 weeks along, and I'm tired, nauseous, and loving every minute of it. I nap when Fisher naps, and work though the nausea. I"ve only had to pull out the Zofran a few times. My house is a wreck, and I haven't cooked in a while because I have no energy. I'm hoping once the second trimester hits, I'll feel better. However, all of this fatigue might have something to do with a certain 14 months old boy who gets into everything. :)

We are excited about what the future is bringing us and are so thankful for the blessings that God has already shown us throughout this pregnancy. We can't wait to see what He does next in the life of this precious baby!

1 comment: