Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Heavy Hearted


My heart is heavy tonight. Two of my fellow employees, and a pilot for Hospital Wing, were killed in a helicopter crash this morning on their way to pick up a sick child for transport to LeBonheur. I work with Pedi-Flite on a daily basis, and everyone is taking this loss hard.

It brings back many of the emotions and memories of just 3.5 years ago, when we lost 3 others to a helicopter crash, including my best friend's dad, who was the pilot.

I've been mourning the loss of these people today, even though I didn't know them well. As a mom, I can't imagine my young children being left without me. It's hard to put all the emotions I'm feeling into words...

As someone said today, we're not promised tomorrow. God numbers our days, and only He knows the exact amount of time we've got before He calls us home. Today has been a very sobering reminder of that fact.

It has been a very strong reminder to me to live each day not knowing if tomorrow will come. To make sure my family and friends know what they mean to me, and most importantly, to make sure my relationship with God is in order. To share His love with others, so they might know the joy of calling Him their Father.

Please join me in praying for the family and friends of Carrie, Denise, and Charlie. That God would be glorified through these events, and that we won't put things off until tomorrow...




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment