Monday, April 21, 2014

Sullivan's First Birthday Party

Not like I'm a little behind in posting these pictures...

I chose to go with a bear theme for Brother Bear's first birthday. I didn't incorporate a ton of bear stuff, but a bear was on the invitation, and I set out some teddy bears that we had-most of them were mine when I was little. I did a lot of DIY stuff for his party, including making the boys' outfits, the birthday banner, cupcake toppers, and printing Sully's monthly pictures. My sister made his smash cake, and we enjoyed visiting and celebrating Brother's first birthday with our family and friends.

Blair and Brooks couldn't make it to the party, so they stopped by earlier in the day to visit with Sullivan.

banner of monthly pictures

the birthday banner I made, thanks to free printables from Pinterest

Another free printable-notice how it's in the shape of a teddy bear?! All the words and quotes that make up the image are things about Sullivan!






Didn't Aunt Jodie do an amazing job on the smash cake?!




poor thing was napping through most of his party. I finally woke him up, and he was.not.happy. with me at.all.



It's a little embarrassing the amount of pictures we took just to get this one. sigh.

time for sugar!


all day long, this one was so concerned about eating his blue cupcake. He talked about it all.day., and for weeks before that.


He really got into smashing his cake once I was planning on getting him out of the high chair. He went to town!








We had such a wonderful time celebrating our sweet boy's first birthday. I am so thankful for our family and friends that are invested in his life and were able to celebrate with us! Happy birthday, Brother Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment