Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas, Part One

These first pictures aren't Christmas related, but oh well. We went to Shelby Farms the week before Christmas with our friend, Brooks, who is also our neighbor. It was so nice to be outside and have a change of scenery!






On Christmas Eve, we made cookies for Santa. The boys decided on chocolate chip cookies. We had so much fun measuring out our ingredients and mixing them up! Baker was on my back, so he was involved, too. And they ended up tasting pretty good!

I had to work for a few hours on Christmas Eve. I wasn't able to get my whole shift covered, but I only had to work 7-11. So we had plenty of time to have a late lunch with our family and head to our candlelight service at church. After that, I went to work, and Daddy and the boys headed back to my grandparent's house for Christmas with our extended family.

Christmas morning! The boys got a trampoline. I try to loosely follow the "something they  want, need, wear, read" idea for Christmas presents so I don't go overboard. It's helped guide my purchases, and I focus on scaling back each year. Stockings are for socks/undies/playdough/bowls. The older two boys each got legos and a new board game. All three boys got new rain boots, which they have already worn a lot! Books are always present, and B got a little push mower that he loves, plus some new outfits for next summer.






My Christmas gift! I am so excited about them and can't wait to find the perfect spot to hang them.

family Christmas selfie 

No comments:

Post a Comment