Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fisher Goes to Kindergarten

Well,the day finally arrived, and we sent Fisher off to kindergarten! I wasn't super emotional leading up to it, probably because he's staying at his little private preschool, but I was a hot mess the day he started! It's hard letting your baby go.



Jitter Glitter under his pillow the night before. He told me he wasn't excited about school.

eating a great breakfast to give him energy all day long!
And now, all of the usual first day pictures! He picked out his outfit and he looked so cute.




I had to document that he still loves (which might not be a strong enough word) his Lully, and still sucks his thumb. I love it and I'll be sad when he stops. Unless he develops bad teeth because of it-then I'll be glad when he stops!
I was doing ok with my emotions until we prayed out loud in the car on the way to school.I teared up. When we got there, my mom was getting a little teary eyed, so I started crying. Then, I saw my sister (Fisher and Asher are in K together), and I started boo-hooing. I managed to pull it together, though.
YaYa came to see the boys on their first day.

they're excited!

I love his toothy smile.

we were accidentally twinning!





here we go!





He had a great first day!


Jamie and I picked up the boys and took them for a special lunch and ice cream. Of course, they didn't remember anything about their day (ha!), but we gradually got some info from them.







We did some Lego therapy after lunch. I think Fisher missed me, because he wanted to sit in my lap the whole time, and was telling me "I love you" and hugging me. Not that I minded!!





day 2!

and day 3
We've had a great start to kindergarten! Afternoons are rough (it's only half day kindergarten) between dealing with 6 year old emotions and being tired, but we're managing and he seems to be enjoying school!

No comments:

Post a Comment