Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!! Ours was very enjoyable! On Friday I took the plunge and got my hair chopped off!! I did it to donate it to Pantene's program, called Beautiful Lengths. They take donated hair and use it to make wigs for cancer patients-for free. I've donated to Locks of Love before, but they make their patients pay for their wigs, so I chose a different program this time. I got 9 inches chopped off in my ponytail, and then about another inch cut off afterwards. I am loving my new hairdo-and it takes me no time at all to get ready!!
My last picture before all the hair was gone!


My new do! And my pony :)

That all happened on Friday, and then we made a Costco run. I love Costcos! And they had tons of samples out, so I got lunch for free!!

On Saturday we slept in. I went for a run, then did homework for the rest of the afternoon. That night we had date night with our good friends John and Bridget. We went to Olive Garden, then Jerry's Sno Cones (yum!), and then played a game of Putt-Putt. We had a nice surprise at Putt-Putt-it was buy one game, get one free! I love it when that happens!!


Everyone loves Jerrys! It actually wasn't too crowded when we went, maybe because it was cooler weather?? I'm not complaining!


The hubs and I at Putt-Putt. The boys won this round, but Bridget and I will get them next time!!


On Sunday we went to church, then had lunch with my family. We had a lazy afternoon that consisted of: homework (me), football watching (Nellie), a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood with the dogs (wonderful!), leftover Olive Garden for dinner, and putting out fall decorations (YAY!!!). Fall is my absolute favorite season, and I love all things fall.
I would be a very happy girl if my house looked like this!
On Monday, we slept in (again), I went for a run, made a quick trip to Target to get a shower curtain for our guest bathroom (and actually made it out with only a shower curtain. never. happens.), made a trip to Hobby Lobby (my heart is soooo happy!), and then had lunch with the family at my grandparents. We had ribs and homemade icecream (my stomach is happy!!). Then on to work-I guess it's only right that I have to actually labor on Labor Day. No, not really. It's so wrong.

And that was our weekend!! Relaxing, yet productive. And tomorrow I can put my new fall decorations up. Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment