Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Recap

The wedding of the century is over! Did you wake up at 3 AM to get your wedding fix?? While I won't say that I would have woken up to watch it (although I would most definately TiVo it), I already happened to be at work, so I had a front row seat to the entire event. Although I missed the kiss, because I was driving home. grr.... I am not ashamed to admit that I am fascinated by the royal family, and have been looking forward to this wedding for a long time! I love all things wedding, so throw in royalty, and I am one happy girl. Let's get on with the highlights...
Yay! They're married! Loved loved loved her dress! I'm not normally a fan of sleeves, but Kate (Catherine??) most definately did it right. I love that her look is simple and elegant, just like a princess should be. And William didn't look too bad himself. :)


So I have to see the kiss in pictures, but it still looks like it went off beautifully. And they kissed twice, which goes against tradition. Personally, I think it's odd that they have to wait 2+ hours after getting married to kiss, but maybe that's why they're royalty and I'm not!

And how cute are her bridesmaids and pageboys?? Her sister was her maid of honor, and I thought it was odd that she wore white, too. But she looked great!




And the hats! I have never seen such outlandish head gear!! But it was so much fun to watch!


I guess they're being fashionable, but I just don't get it...




And it wouldn't be right not to show Prince Harry! There's just something about that red hair...:)

Loved her second gown! I can't wait to see more pictures of it!
And there you have it-your royal wedding recap. And if you missed watching the events unfold, I'm sure it will be shown over and over and over again. For years to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment