Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sullivan is 12 Months Old!



















* Sullivan weighs 20 pounds, is 30 inches tall, and his head circumference is 17.5 inches.
* He wears size 9-12 month clothes, and he wears one-size cloth diapers (size 4 in disposables)
*He is walking! He has been walking for about 3 weeks. He can make it across the room, but most of the time he's lazy and would rather crawl.
*He is a paper magnet. He will find paper anywhere and immediately put it in his mouth.
 * He nurses every 2-3 hours. When he takes a bottle, he'll drink 5-7 ounces.
*He still has a great appetite. I think the only food he won't even put in his mouth is broccoli.
*He drinks water out of a sippy cup; his favorite kind has the straw in it.
*He loves taking baths, the vacuum cleaner, balls, the remote, and anything he can chew on.
*He is a pincher and a biter! I'll be holding him and he'll bite my shoulder or pinch my chest. It hurts!
*He is still a mama's boy-BAD! He will cry big fat crocodile tears if I leave him alone or put him down to do something. Rotten...
* He is now a wonderful sleeper! He sleeps through the night about 95% of the time, and he generally sleeps about 12 hours. If he does wake up, it's just to nurse, and then back to bed. He's taking one afternoon nap, and that usually lasts 2-3 hours.
*He's a snuggler. And if he's being shy, he'll lay his head right on my shoulder.
*He doesn't like men, at all. He likes his daddy and his Pops. His uncles are questionable. :)
*He still has eight teeth. He' s always chewing on his fingers, so I'm thinking more are coming in, but nothing has popped through yet.
*His eyes are hazel-they're beautiful!
*He knows where his nose is. He won't always point it out, though.
*His vocabulary is growing! His new words are "mama", "bath", and "nose". He also says "dada", "byebye", "ball", "choo choo", "boo", and "YaYa".
*He loves to clap and play peek a boo. He'll throw the towel over his head and pull it off.
*He will give giant, open mouth slobbery kisses. And if you're not careful, he'll stick his tongue in your mouth. :)
* He loves to antagonize Fisher. He will always take whatever Fisher is playing with, and he loves to pull his hair.
* Nicknames: Sully, Brother, Bug, Brother Bear
I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. I guess my quick labor was an indication of how quickly time passes with this little boy. He has brought us so much joy and laughter.  I always wondered if I would feel the same amount of love for a second child as I did for my first. That answer is a resounding YES. I can't believe the amount of love I have for these two blessings! I am so thankful for these boys and I can't wait to see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment