Sunday, June 28, 2015

2nd Trimester Recap

Since I'm well into my third trimester (yikes!), I need to post my second trimester recap. I've been writing a few things down every week, and I wanted to get them posted on the ol' blog before they disappear. Or before I have a baby. I didn't start taking a bump picture until I was 20 weeks (poor third kid), so I have no photo documentation until then.
At 12 weeks, we had an OB visit. The heart rate was 159. The boys love listening to the baby's heartbeat!
At 14 weeks, I craved rotel. all.the.time. We told our family that we're pregnant!
At 15 weeks, I started attending a prenatal fitness class twice a week. It was the best pregnancy decision ever! I have felt so good throughout this entire pregnancy, and my fitness level has greatly improved. Of course, it was pretty low to begin with...
At 16 weeks, we had another OB visit. The heart rate was 154.
At 17 weeks, I started to feel fetal movement!
At 18 weeks, I was feeling pretty consistent flutters.
At 19 weeks, the baby was moving a lot! The boys have loved to kiss and talk to the baby through my belly button. Fisher insists that the baby will be named "Slippery Ice". I have no idea where that came from, but he still says it.
At 20 weeks, we had our anatomy scan. The baby checked out perfectly healthy! The heart rate was 140, and the baby weighed 12 oz. The baby was very lazy during the ultrasound and did not want to move very much. He (I'm just saying he because it's easier than saying it) had his legs crossed just like the boys like to do. Daddy thinks it's a boy. We finally announced to the world that we're having another baby.



Yes, I took a picture in the bathroom at work. Don't judge me.



At 21 weeks, I've had mild heartburn a few times. My belly is growing fast! Fisher thinks it's a boy, Sullivan says it's a girl.



At 22 weeks, Fisher has started asking how the baby gets in my belly and how it comes out. That's made for some interesting conversations! He asks if my belly is big enough for the baby to come out yet. The baby doesn't have a name yet. I'm still having very minimal heartburn occasionally, and have started wearing a few maternity shirts.



At 23 weeks, the baby has been pretty active. He has done a lot of "balling up" in my lower abdomen, which isn't the most pleasant sensation. I notice myself getting out of breath a little easier now, but I can still run during my prenatal class!



At 24 weeks, the heart rate was 145. We had a good OB checkup, but I wasn't very happy with my weight gain! The baby is now viable outside the womb!



At 25 weeks, I started having occasional back pain when I sleep or sit in one position for too long. I've been trying to get the boys to feel the baby move, but they're too impatient! They are so in love with the baby. Fisher is still very insistent about it being a boy, and gets angry when I say it might be a girl. I'm saying it's a boy (trying to prepare myself that it more than likely is another boy). The boys like to kiss my belly goodnight and then rub their kiss in (aka, their slobber). We pray for the baby every night, and then I have to lift up my shirt so they can kiss my belly.



At 26 weeks, I finally went to the chiropractor for my back, which only hurts occasionally. I'm so thankful I don't have bad back pain like I did when I was pregnant with Sullivan.



At 27 weeks, I started having severe symphysis pubis pain, but thankfully that only lasted for a few days. I'm still able to run during my prenatal class! Sullivan and I walked every day outside while Fisher had swimming lessons, but it's almost too hot to do that. My belly has started to move when the baby kicks.



So, to recap, I've had a wonderful second trimester! Minimal complaints and lots of exciting things! Daddy thinks boy, Mommy thinks boy (but would love a girl!), Fisher thinks boy, and Sullivan thinks girl. There is no name for this poor child, and we've done absolutely nothing in preparation for its arrival. I guess I should get on that...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:


  1. Everybody does not purchase an expensive DSLR blur camera to capture/snap the auto blur image. But don’t worry we solve this problem freely.
    Our team makes a Blur Background - Blur image app for blurry photoblur.
    After using this Blur background Photo Editor App you will make your photos similar to like capture with a DSLR camera.

    ReplyDelete