Monday, June 27, 2016

Fisher is 5!

Fisher tuned 5 a few weeks ago! I will admit, I cried about it several times. I always love every single age that my boys are, but that doesn't stop me from mourning the stage that's passed. We had a wonderful time on his birthday! He has been so very excited about turning 5. We made a countdown the week before, and he wanted to cross a day off every morning. 

One last rock and snuggle before going to bed as a 4 year old for the last time

He's 5!

birthday breakfast of donuts

swimming!

cutie patootie on the go!

he loves jumping 

so does Sullivan

4 out of 5 cousins in the pool

after swimming, he wanted Chick fil a for lunch. 
After naps (which were much appreciated), we had Fisher's birthday party. He chose a camping adventure party, which was so much fun! We roasted smores (with a heat index of 115), and ate campfire food! He had so much fun at his party!
one more "I'm 5" picture in his birthday shirt. He looks so big here, but he's still my small guy! 


I kept the decor simple. I borrowed most of it from one of my good friends.

on the food table 



smore cupcakes made by Aunt Jodie!

we had hot dogs and brats, corn on the cob, baked beans, fruit, and yogurt

he loved his cupcake!

I took a burlap banner and added "Camp Fisher" on it with washi tape. The tape will peel off and I can reuse the banner!

three of my favorite boys roasting their marshmallows 

presents!

reading one of his cards

family picture-as good as it gets these days!

opening his present from Gama 

the remote control Thomas he asked about for months 

We are so very blessed to call Fisher ours! I can't believe my oldest is 5! He's stubborn and strong willed (family trait!), and is not a fan of doing things that he doesn't want to do. He loves having long hair, and refuses to cut it (which I don't mind at all). He's my only blue eyed boy, although he likes to tell me his eyes are turning green, because "blue and yellow make green, and my eyes are turning green". He's still a great napper (thank you, Jesus), and wakes up ridiculously early ("I'm an early bird, Mommy"). He still sucks his thumb and has to have his giraffe lullies.

He loves to snuggle with me, and he's great at playing independently. He loves to "read" and be read to, and he has a wonderful imagination! He says Asher and Sullivan are his best friends, and they play so well together (sometimes!). He loves being outside, but would sit in front if the TV all day if I would let him. He's constantly learning, and loves to tell me facts about things that I had no idea he knew anything about. Although he's not quite ready for kindergarten and won't go until next year, he's matured so much in the past year. He loves his brothers, but he and Sullivan fight like crazy. As much as he tries my patience most days, he's quick to forgive when I get mad.

I can't imagine life without Fisher! These past 5 years have flown by, and I can't wait to watch him grow and see how God will use him in the coming years. We love you big!

No comments:

Post a Comment