Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Since birth, Fisher has not slept longer than 3.5 hours at a time. There was a one time 4 hour stretch, but I think it was a fluke. His norm seems to be 2.5-3 hours at a time. This is fine during the day, but a little bit wearing on me at night. Last night I decided to let him sleep in his crib and I would sleep in a different room, hoping that him not smelling me and/or my milk might help him sleep a little bit longer. He's been sleeping in his swing right next to our bed, since he refuses to sleep in the pack and play (which if you'll remember, I had to get from CANADA for him! Can we say ungrateful?).

baby monitor picture :)
How successful was this plan? miserable. failure. The longest he slept was 2 hours, and it took me so long to get him back to sleep after nursing, which I normally don't have to do at all. sigh. We'll keep trying, though! I mean, he can't keep this up forever...right??

No comments:

Post a Comment