Monday, May 20, 2013

Reasons Why I Love Baking Soda

Random, but so true! Baking soda has a lot of great qualities, and I don't just mean in cooking!
I use baking soda in a homemade facial scrub, and I recently tried out a baking soda paste to clean the inside glass on my oven door.
Confession: We've lived in our house for over 3 years, and I've never cleaned my oven. Gross, I know. But, I can't say that anymore, because that joker is clean now!! But, on to my project.
Door before cleaning:




It's hard to tell, but it's nasty-trust me!
I made a paste with half a cup of baking soda and added water until it made a thin/slight runny consistency.




Then, I spread it on the door and let it sit for 15 minutes.




Time to see if it worked!








It didn't. So, I let it sit for an additional 10 minutes before I tried scrubbing again. After a 25 minutes wait, I started scrubbing. Success!




Clean as a whistle. My oven dour has never looked better! And that's one if the reasons why I live baking soda! :)
Another comparison shot of the before and after:




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment