Sunday, May 5, 2013

Susie Homemaker

I got a little crafty this weekend and made my own cloth diaper laundry detergent! It was so easy. My detergent lasts me a long time, but at around $16 a bag, I knew I could make my own for less than the cost of buying it.

I found this recipe (I have no idea where I found it, so I can't give proper credit to anyone-sorry!)





I gathered up all my ingredients and got started! I omitted the essential oils, since I don't care for my diapers to have a scent. I just want them to be clean!





I mixed all my ingredients and put them in my blender-I know the recipe calls for a food processor, but I don't have one. My blender worked just fine.








Finally, I poured it in a jar I already had on hand!





The recipe filled this jar and another little container I had. I only use around a tablespoon of detergent per load, so this will last me a while. I don't have a cost per load figured out, but I know I'm saving money in the long run! You do have some start up costs if you don't have all the materials on hand, but what you purchase will last a long time!

Now, I just hope it works on my diapers! Fingers crossed...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I want to know how you like it- may have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete