Sunday, May 28, 2017

May Update 2

We had our first experience with stitches a few weeks ago! Fisher was playing on the playground before TBall one Monday night-I was literally letting the boys play for 5 minutes before we went to the Tball game. I had stopped at the concession stand to talk to a friend and the boys ran ahead to the playground. I went to grab them to go to the tball field, and Fisher walks up to me, and I see red on his chin. I looked, and knew that he needed stitches. He said he was climbing up the slide, heard a noise that scared him, so he slipped and fell on the slide. The slide has bumps on it, so I'm guessing he hit it just right. 

Daddy had a softball game at the exact same time, so he stayed to play, and the other two boys went home with YaYa and Pops while I took Fisher to the hospital. 

watching TV while waiting to see the doctor 



he had his numbing cream on, and we're ready for stitches

his cut all cleaned up and ready for stitches 

getting it cleaned 

F did so well, until they started tying off the first stitch. Then, he was hysterical and inconsolable. Granted, he was exhausted-it was 10 PM and he's normally in bed by 7. He got some intranasal Versed, and then we got started again. He was still upset, but stayed still with some help and we finished getting stitched up.

3 stitches later, he got his promised popsicle. He was so upset the next day, because he didn't remember getting his popsicle (thank you Versed). 
All in all, it wasn't a terrible experience getting stitches, although I wasn't the one getting them. I'm sure we'll have more experiences with gashes and stitches and ER visits through the years!

1 comment: