Sunday, September 3, 2017

Happy Second Birthday, Baker!

Baker turned two last Sunday, which is still so hard to believe. My littlest baby is 2! Time flies so fast. We started the weekend by having a birthday brunch for him-he loves donuts (or as he calls them "nonos"), so a breakfast party was right up his alley! And, I didn't have to make a ton of food or worry about a cake-donuts are sweet enough!

the donut cakes turned out great!

simple but so good!

riding his new bike that YaYa and Pops got him



Mommy, Daddy, and the birthday boy 

some of the food! 

singing happy birthday 

my mom got the best shot of him blowing out his candles (and I know he needs a haircut-he got one this week)




His actual birthday was pretty low key. I worked all weekend, so the boys went to church as usual while I slept, and we opened presents when the birthday boy (and me) got up from naps.
cheesin' so hard!

he picked out his own outfit for church but wasn't happy that I put him down so I could take his picture


presents!

there's always someone around to help him out 

wearing his new red shoes from Gama

so proud that he lined up his cars all by himself 
The past two years have flown by for us! Baker is such a joy and his brothers adore him-they argue over who gets to get him out of his crib in the morning or at nap time. He is the biggest mama's boy I have ever had, and if I'm around, then I have to do everything. Unless YaYa is there-then he's usually all about her. He's an excellent sleeper and napper, but wakes up pretty easily when things get noisy (so when his brothers wake up, so does he, because they don't know the meaning of silence).

He's strong willed and opinionated about everything! He loves to read and play with cars, just like his big brothers. His vocabulary is through the roof and he talks all.the.time. He is a fairly good eater, and he still nurses. He asks "Feed you now?" when he wants to nurse, and it is so sweet. Unless he's asking all the time, and then it's not. He has his nighttime routine, and that usually includes laying his his brothers' beds, then kissing everyone goodnight, including the dog. He is so sweet and loving, and he lights up our lives!

Favorite words that he says: "Penty" (Penny the dog), "CoCo" (Cohen), "RiRi" (Rilynn), "Sasher" (Asher), "Fisser" (Fisher), "Brother" (Sullivan), "I do it", "mine", "choo train" (choo choo)-really everything he says is the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment