Sunday, June 12, 2011

And the Excitement Continues...

So, after our unexpected news on Friday, we went into get-ready mode! Bags are packed, camera is charged, etc. I went to work on Saturday for an overtime shift, and kept having tightening across the top of my belly and pelvic pressure. Nothing that was painful or even uncomfortable, just noticable. I had a resident check me, and she said I was 5-6 cm and still 80%! Talk about progression...

I went home around 2, vaccummed, dusted, and got the pack and play set up in our room. Around 5 PM we decided to go to the hospital just to get checked out. Why? I'm only 36 weeks, which is still a little early, and I'm GBS positive, so I need to have antibiotics before I deliver. My one fear is not knowing I'm in labor until it's too late to get anywhere!!

We made it to the hospital and got checked in. I was still 6 cm, but the nurse couldn't feel my bag of water. Either it had ruptured (highly unlikely that I wouldn't notice), there was a lot of pressure pulling it tightly, or my amniotic fluid index was low. So, I got a fluid bolus and an ultrasound to check my fluid level. Unexpected perk-getting to see the baby again!! Everything looked great!

They had originally said they would keep me overnight to monitor me and potentially give me Pitocin in the morning to augment my labor. After the ultrasound and fluids, I was still at 6 cm. The OB decided to go ahead and send me home with strict instructions to rest (so no work for me tonight), and come to the office on Monday.

So, that's where we are. Bags are still packed and ready to go, but we're in a holding pattern. I slept great last night, and have not been feeling many contractions today. While we would LOVE to go to the doctor tomorrow and be told to go to the hospital, we recognize that we could be waiting for a while. Pray for patience (especially for Hubs!:)), comfort, wisdom on the doctor's part, and wisdom for us to know when we need to go to the hospital.

And now I'll leave you with some pictures from our "trial run" last night! :)


1 comment:

  1. JB, you are so stinkin cute and I am so excited for you! Tell baby Nelson (even though it's hard) to stay in till atleast 37 weeks - SHE may need a little more fattening up - then it's game on!!

    ReplyDelete