Wednesday, June 27, 2012

40 Things You Should Know...

About me! Ashley did this a while ago, and I thought it was a great idea. I don't know that I can come up with 40 interesting things about me, but I can try... Warning: this will probably be very random!

1. My husband is convinced I'm on crack. Apparently, I am just that weird.

2. I have a master's degree (nurse practitioner) that I'm not planning on using anytime soon. It's more important to us (as a family) that I be able to stay at home with Fisher as much as I can, so I'll use it later!

3. Speaking of degrees I don't use, I also have a BA in criminal justice. It was my original major in college until I decided (my last semester) that I wanted to be a nurse instead.

4. I love smooth, soft things (this includes fabrics, earlobes, Fisher's skin...). Fisher has inherited that gene. Just look at him and his love of his Lovey.

5. I am very organized and on the ball about things when it comes to work and school. I hate procrastinating.

6. Sadly, that does not translate over into my home life. I put things off all the time.

7. I hate housework. That's your warning. If you come over, don't expect my house to be clean, unless I happened to have a burst of energy and cleaned everything. It does happen, just not very often.

8. If I wasn't a nurse, I would want to be a wedding planner. I LOVE all things about weddings.

9. I love cake and cupcakes. I've been known to want to go to a wedding reception just for the cake.

10.I love to travel. While I haven't gotten to do much traveling since I graduated college, I'm hoping that I'll get to go again one day! International travel is my favorite. I've been to Mexico, Brazil, Romania, Uganda, the Czech Republic, the Dominican Republic, and Ecuador.

11. One of my pet peeves: people using words incorrectly, such as your/you're, their/they're/there, its/it's, to/too. Drives me up the wall!! Particularly when I catch a mistake in a published work. Really?! How does that happen?

12. I have a very laid back personality and am not easily offended. Usually.

13. I enjoy being driven around. Which works out very well, because Hubs loves to be the one driving. I much prefer relaxing and not paying attention to what's going on.

14. I LOVE to read. It is my most favorite thing. I love to read anything I can get my hands on. Well, maybe not most non fiction things.

15. I love history. The Holocaust is the time period that I find the most fascinating. If I had a different major, I might have majored in history.

15. I'm realizing it's a miracle I graduated at all, with all of my likes. :)

16. Fisher doesn't get any sugar, with the exception of the cake he tried for his birthday. I have no idea when we'll introduce it, but for now, he doesn't miss it. The same goes for juice.

17. I'm still breastfeeding and have no plans on stopping anytime soon.

18. We cloth diaper and love it! Well, at least I do. Cloth bums are so much cuter than disposables.

19. I like to "wear" Fisher. He rides in his sling when we go out anywhere, and sometimes I wear him around the house in a carrier. He enjoys it, too. And, he's closer to me than he would be if he were sitting in a basket, which means I get to kiss him more!

20. We don't iron. We own one, but our preferred method is throwing the clothes in the dryer. Lazy, I know.

21. My work prerequisite: a route 44 diet coke. It lasts me all night.

22. Because of where I work, Fisher will probably be very sheltered. Things he will not be allowed to do/we will not have: no pool, no riding ATVs, no riding anything without a helmet, no TV in his bedroom, etc. I could go on and on.

23. Also because of where I work, I'm always convinced that Fisher is dealthy ill-like he has a brain tumor or leukemia. Hazards of the job.  

24. If the only clothes I wore for the rest of my life were scrubs, sweats, and pajamas, I would be a happy person. I would much rather be comfortable than look nice.

25. One of my goals for next year is to have a small garden. I'm hoping I can pull it off. My thumb tends to go more towards black than green.

26. I haven't cleaned or vaccuumed out my car in forever. Like, maybe since I got it. Which would only be 8 years ago. Ok, it hasn't been that long. Are you getting the idea that cleaning is not my thing?

27. I would love to have a cleaning lady, but I don't want to pay for one.

28. I really like movies, but we never watch them. It's too expensive to go see one in theaters, and with our schedules being so different, it's never going to happen at home.

29. I have packrat tendencies, which I most definately inherited from my grandmother. I always convince myself that "I'll use it later", but later never comes. Case in point: I have 529,497 pieces of tissue paper and bags that I have saved to reuse, but I know there is no way that I'll ever use all of them.

30. I've already started Christmas shopping. And even though I've already started, I'll still be rushing to finish up right before Christmas.

31. Some of my favorite vegetables are asparagus and brussel spouts. Yum!

32. Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits.

33. I think Twitter is silly. Are you really that interesting that you feel the need to constantly tell people what you're doing? And hashtags (##) drive me nuts.

34. I want to take a photography class so I can use my camera in manual mode.

35. I want to learn how to sew. It's been a wish of mine for years, but it's never happened. My grandmother is a wonderful sewer, but we still haven't managed to make the time for her to teach me.

36. If I'm eating a hamburger made at home, I put mustard on it. If I get a hamburger out, then it gets mustard and ketchup on it. No idea why, it's just what I do.

37. I'm not a jewelry person. The only thing I wear on a regular basis is my wedding rings and my cartilage earrings. I would love to have jewelry for every outfit, but then I think about all the jewelry I would have to buy, and I get overwhelmed.

38. I'm not a makeup person. If I even wear it at all, it's usually tinted moisturizer and some bronzer stuff (I'm not even sure that's what it's called).

39. I spend entirely too much time on facebook, mainly because it's on my phone. I've been feeling convicted about it, particularly when I do it instead of paying close attention to Fisher. I'm working on it.

40.  Talk radio makes me want to scream. Even on regular music radio, if they play too many commercials in a row or the deejay talks too much, I get annoyed/upset enough to the point that it makes me jittery.

And, there's 40! That was kind of hard. I am a lot more weird than I thought. Maybe Hubs has it right, and I am a crackhead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment