Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fisher's First Birthday Party-Decorations

I'm breaking up Fisher's birthday party into several posts so I can go into lots of details. :) I had so much fun planning this party! Did I go overboard? Of course I did! But, you only turn one once, so I don't feel bad about it at all!

this invitation was what the entire theme was based on-Dr. Seuss's 'One fish, two fish". I used the colors as a launching pad for the rest of the decor. I wasn't super strict with following Dr, Seuss's book, so things were loosely based on it. I got the invite off of Etsy, and printed them at FedEx Office.

The dessert table. It had Fisher's smash cake, cupcakes, Swedish fish, and we also had individual servings of ice cream.

The smash cake, made by the wonderful Ginger Clark. She made our wedding cake, and also goes to church with us.

cupcakes and Swedish fish

the lighting is terrible, but here's the dessert table and some tissue paper pompoms for some added color

Fisher's high chair, his birthday banner, and some pictures featuring him throughout his first year.

close up of his high chair and birthday banner. My friend Ashley made his birthday banner.

Over the mantle. I used his initial book ends that his Gama gave him for Christmas-they matched perfectly! Ashly also made this banner.

The sign in/favor table. We draped the mirror in fish net and plastic fish.

I made the picture frame using a dollar store frame that I painted and put scrapbook paper in. It says, "Thanks for coming, you're too sweet! Please sign my book; take a treat!" I wrote in dry erase marked. We had guests sign a copy of "One fish, Two fish",and their favors were fish cookies.

the entrance. Balloons, and an "f" letter we already had.

In the dining room. Forks are in a mason jar with some ribbon tied around it, with coordinating napkins and plates. And a cute canvas picture of Fisher as a newborn.

More decorations in the dining room

The chandelier has netting and fish on it, too. I also did a photo banner with the monthly pictures I took of Fisher, from birth to 11 months.

It was so amazing to see how much he's changed in such a short time!
That's it for decorations! I got most of my ideas from Pinterest and various blogs. I was able to use a lot of thing we already had, but I did purchase some of it, too. Next up, food and Fisher's outfit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment