Saturday, December 1, 2012

Picking the Perfect Tree

The day after Thanksgiving, we headed down to the Merry Christmas Tree Farm in Nesbit, MS. We have always cut down our Christmas tree for as long as I can remember, and we love continuing this tradition with Fisher. It was a beautiful day for finding the perfect tree!

ready to find a tree!

on the hunt

with one of their trees

Fisher wanted to help Pops cut down the tree

Asher didn't know what to think about the saw

Callie with the tree she picked out that we ended up getting. funny story...
the tree that was to be ours :(

Fishy helping Daddy cut

helping Mommy cut


My cousins from East Tennessee went with us to pick out their family tree. My parents had that tree and our tree sitting outside their house over the weekend until we could come pick it up to take home. My uncle left late one night to drive back home and came down to the house to get their tree.

Well...he ended up getting our tree! Of course, we didn't figure this out until later that morning, which was way too late to do anything about the tree switcheroo.

So, all those pictures I have (well, had) of our family in front of our tree and the pictures of my cousins in front of their tree-false! I just had to laugh when I found out because what else can you do? It's just another funny story to remember. So, Aunt Janet, when you look at MY tree, I sure do hope you enjoy it! :)

But, I do have to say that we have our new tree put up in our house, and it looks beautiful! Now, just to put the lights and ornaments on and pray a certain little boy doesn't destroy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment