Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby

More baby updates! Sorry if you're getting sick of them, but if I don't write it down, I won't remember. Friday, I had my 25 week checkup and fasting glucose test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. My mom went with me since Nellie wasn't  able to go. For your glucose test, you have to drink this super sweet syrupy drink. I wanted to vomit when I was drinking it! It tasted like cough syrup, which makes me gag every single time I have to take it. The nurse kept checking on me to see if I was done with the drink. Needless to say, it took me a while to get it down!
gross

Then, we got to see the doctor. The baby wouldn't be still long enough for her to get a good reading on the heart rate for a while! She finally got a good reading though, but I don't know what the heart rate was. Then, she check my cervix, which is still closed-YAY! And then, I had to wait an hour to get my blood drawn. So, a pretty long appointment after having worked all night and not eating anything. I was so hungry!! Where did I stop and get breakfast?? Only the best place eeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!
So worth the wait!
You might remember that I posted a while back about our crib that we got. Well, the color wasn't exactly right and the more I looked at it, the more I knew that's not what I wanted. So, I kept searching for a new one, much to Nellie's dismay. He claims I have a problem picking something and liking it, but I think it's important that I really, really like the bed all of our children are going to use! :) So, after a lot of looking, I finally found it!! The crib got here Friday, and we (mostly Nellie) put it together yesterday. I love, love, love it!!
Old crib...not a fan

Demonstrating the importance of reading the directions for assembly

Using the hair dryer to peel off the one million stickers on the crib

Looking good!

He was so annoyed with me at this point for taking pictures

TaDa! Absolutely beautiful!!

Proof that I was there!
Since I am finally excited about our crib, I really can't wait to start on the rest of the room! Hopefully we'll have paint colors picked out this week, and my grandmother can start on the bedding soon since all the fabric is in. Everything is moving right along, and time is flying by! It's so exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment