Friday, December 17, 2010

Our BIG News!!

I'm sure everyone has heard by now, and it's already Facebook official, but I haven't made it blog-world official yet. Drumroll please...WE'RE PREGNANT!!! That's right-baby coming our way!
I know you can't read it, but it says PREGNANT!!!
We'd been trying for about 5 months to get pregnant. Originally, we hadn't planned on starting our family right now, but after my surgery in March, the doctor warned us we might have a lot of difficulty conceiving. He told us to start trying right away, because of the time and because there is no guarantee my tumor won't come back. I was getting extremely frustrated and concerned that we were never going to get pregnant-believe me, 5 months is an eternity when you're trying!!

In late October, I started having some weird symptoms-cramping, fatigue, nausea, the usual. I was hesitant to think I was pregnant-didn't want to jump the gun. Finally, I was feeling so bad at clinical one day, Beth (the nurse who I also go to church with) made me take a test. The line was super faint, but it was there. Pregnant! I still wasn't entirely convinced, so I took another test when I got home-still very faint line. Finally, I bought an expensive test that says pregnant/not pregnant, and, third time confirmed it-baby on board!  I got my plan ready to tell Nellie:
Our pumpkins!!
I set these up on the fireplace one day while Nellie was at lunch with a friend. I was sitting on the couch, doing homework (of course) when he came home. I told him that I had decorated some pumpkins for him. His response-"Ok. What's that supposed to mean?" Me-"It's a date.". Him-" What date? It's not our anniversary." Me-"Do your math." Him-"I don't get it." Me-"it's our due date." Him-"Are you serious?"

So, maybe it didn't go exactly as planned, but it was really funny!! He was so surprised! And excited. We showed my parents the picture on my phone as our way of telling them, and they absolutely flipped. My mom was so  excited-screaming and fist pumping. My extended family responded the same way-they have the best response to big news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment