Friday, February 25, 2011

21 week ultrasound

Today, we went to my 21 week OB appointment, and we were so excited to get to see our sweet baby on ultrasound! This was the "big" ultrasound that looked at the baby's measurements to make sure he/she is grwoing correctly. I am so happy to report that we got a clean bill of health! The baby looks great! That made this mama sooo happy. I've been very worried about this ultrasound-would there be a 4 chambered heart and an intact diaphragm? Would there be enough amniotic fluid?? We've just been praying and praying that we would not be so anxious and just be able to enjoy seeing our baby move and show off. God does answer prayer! Not only is the baby growing and developing right on schedule, but my anxiety level was greatly diminshed! As a PICU nurse, I know so much of what can go wrong, so it's hard not to be concerned. Here's some pictures of our baby!!
21 weeks and 2 days old.


14 ounces-the baby is doing a "woe is me" movement with his/her arm!!

heart rate 145

moving and kicking!
The baby is breech right now, and I think his/her feet are stomping right on my bladder! It's so awesome being able to see your baby move and then feel the movements, too. Our baby is definately a puncher and a kicker!! The ultrasound tech said he/she has big feet-I hope he/she grows into them!!

My doctor's report was good, too. I've gained 13 pounds, but they weren't very pleased with my monthly gain. Apparently my appetite is catching up with me. :( I'm going to have to work on that. I go back in 4 weeks for my 25 week checkup, and I'll have my glucose test done then. I feel like things are moving so fast!!

I hope you enjoyed reading all about our baby, if you made it to the end of this!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the weight. I did the same thing 1 month. I think I totally skipped the 140s! Ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete