Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! I worked on Saturday, and we relaxed on Sunday. Sunday night we watched the Super Bowl at home. We thought about going to a party, but we were both tired and not in the best of moods to be around other people (ha!). So, Nellie watched the game while I worked on a paper for school. I did take the occasional break to see what the score was, and more importantly, watch the commercials!! Some of my favorites...

The Doritos commercial with the pug-too cute!!
LOVED this one!!!
This one was very cute, too!!
And I liked the Bridgestone commercial with the beaver!
I did not care for the Doritoes ad where the guy licked the cheese off the other one's hand-beyond gross!! And Kim Kardashian's Shape-Ups commercial was just a little too much for me.
BUT, the worst parts of the entire game/presentation was the singing...where do they find these people??!! Don't get me wrong, I like listening to the Black Eyed Peas and Christina Aguilera as much as the next person (ok, probably not as much), but they both did beyond horrible on their songs!! I mean, how do mess up the Star Spangled Banner?? And I haven't thought the Black Eyed Peas could sing ever since they were on Saturday Night Live a while ago.
Yes, she apologized for messing up. But, isn't that what rehearsal is for?? And it's not like she's new to performing.
 I watched both of those performances with a lot of disgust, and I was really glad they were over!! Ugh.
Oh, and the Packers won. Yay for them. I don't particularly like Pittsburgh, mostly because of their quarterback, but you would not have found me crying if they would have won.

This concludes my Super Bowl post/rant about the "singing" and what not. Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment